http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/tools/documents/action1_faq_stu... for the answers to the following questions:
A) Applicant- Student/doctoral candidate/ scholars
1. How can individual candidates (students, doctoral candidates, scholars) interested in an
Erasmus Mundus Action 1 scholarship/fellowship apply?
2. To how many joint programmes can a student apply?
3. What does the Erasmus Mundus scholarship cover?
4. How are the student/doctoral candidate “participation costs” calculated? How are they
5. Does the Erasmus Mundus Programme offer scholarships for part-time studies?
6. Is it obligatory for a student/doctoral candidate applying for an EM scholarship/fellowship
to have completed his/her previous degree before submitting his/her application?
7. What is the minimum duration for scholarships of third-country scholars and European
8. When and how will the student/doctoral candidate
be notified of the scholarship/fellowship selection results?
9. How can I be sure that my EM degree is recognised in a country that is not involved in the
consortium where I study/studied?
10. What is the difference between Category A and Category B scholarships?
11. According to the Erasmus Mundus Programme, what is the definition of European
12. Can I apply to both categories A and B if I have a double nationality?
13. Can I do mobility/part of my thesis in an institution outside the consortium partners or in a
country outside the consortium countries?
B) Beneficiary - Student/doctoral candidate/ scholars
14. Can students/doctoral candidates be selected for participation in the joint programme at
a later stage and outside the main and reserve list?
15. If a student has dropped out from the programme, can the Consortium ask for the
reimbursement of the scholarship amount already received?
16. Can a student / doctoral candidate / scholar benefiting from an EM
scholarship/fellowship benefit from other scholarships while performing his/her EM joint
17. In cases of double, multiple or joint degrees, what is the country in which a student
obtained his/her last degree?
18. Is a student/doctoral candidate allowed to work during the joint programme period and
receive the scholarship/fellowship at the same time?
19. How should employment contracts be implemented within an Erasmus Mundus Joint
20. What is the duration of an EMJD and what is the period covered by the Erasmus Mundus
21. Are there any exceptions to the “12-month rule” applicable to Category A doctoral
22. Are there any specific procedures for a Category A doctoral candidate's visa?
23. Are the travel expenses of the student from lab to lab within a co-tutelle fellowship
covered by the participation costs, by the lump sum, or by the student himself?