- Course Content
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Teaching Scholarships
- Contact Us
- Site Map
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS
Category A scholarships
- Contribution to travel, installation and any other type of costs: € 4 000 for a one-year EMMCs; € 8 000 for courses longer than one year
- Maximum contribution to the EMMC participation costs (including insurance coverage): € 4 000 / semester (€8000)
- Monthly allowance: € 1 000 / month
Category B scholarships
- Maximum contribution to the EMMC participation costs (including insurance coverage): € 2 000 / semester (€4000)
- Monthly allowance: € 500 / month
The number of monthly allowances is calculated from the start to the end of the course and includes, if applicable, the summer break between two academic years. The monthly allowance amounts may be increased in order to help cover the additional costs of students with special needs; EMMCs concerned will have to inform the Agency accordingly in the context of their annual student scholarship applications.
Participation costs include any compulsory administrative and operational costs related to the participation of the Student in the DESEM Erasmus Mundus Masters programme (e.g., admission, registration, university tuition, course exams, thesis examination, library and computer access, insurance coverage, etc.). The insurance scheme selected by the Coordinating Institution covers adequately the Student in case of accident, injury, hospitalisation and illness while participating in the DESEM Erasmus Mundus Masters Programme.
Other costs, such as document application, visa and residence permits, books, local transportation, travel to the host universities and accommodation, including the travel and accommodation expenditures to participate in the two summer schools are not covered by these participation costs.
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2012
In accordance with the self sustainability principles applied to the yearly allocation of EM scholarships, for 2012, should be 9 Category A and 7 Category B student scholarships.
2012 Windows scholarships
In addition and similarly to previous years, additional scholarships should be made available for:
- Students from the "Western Balkans and Turkey"
- Students from "Tunisia and Egypt"
- Students from the "Eastern Neighbourhood Countries" (i.e. Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine)
The distribution of these scholarships among the existing EMMC consortia offering scholarships in 2012 will depend on their respective demand and on the geographical balance among the candidates from the countries concerned.
TEACHING SCHOLAR SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS
Living allowance (including travel costs): € 1 200 / week for a minimum duration of 2 weeks and a maximum duration of 3 months per scholar.
Please see further teaching scholar information on erasmusmunuds.ie.
Basic criteria for selection of scholarship recipients:
Without prejudice to high academic standards, in order to ensure geographical diversity among students/scholars, EMMC consortia shall respect the following basic criteria when selecting students/scholars for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship:
- No more than two of the students selected for an EMMC scholarship within category A or B should have the same nationality.
- The number of scholarships awarded to scholars from the same HEI should cover a maximum duration of 3 months (i.e. equivalent to 6 scholarships of 2 weeks).
- No scholar can be awarded a scholarship for more than 3 months (i.e. up to 6 scholarships of 2 weeks)
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR STUDENTS
- Only candidates who have applied to and have been accepted by an EMMC consortium in accordance with its specific students' application and selection criteria, are eligible for a scholarship.
- Students can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship to the Erasmus Mundus Action 1 joint programme (EMMC) of their choice but the number of applications must be limited to maximum three different joint programmes (EMMC and EMJD together).
- Each project may give rise to the award of only one EU grant to any student for the same joint course over the length of the course concerned.
- In order to make the programme more attractive for third-country nationals, the amount of the full-study scholarship will be higher for third-country masters students (Category A scholarships) than for European masters students (Category B scholarships). More specifically:
- Category A scholarships can be awarded to third-country masters students selected by EMMC consortia who come from a country other than a European country and who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries (The five-year reference period for this 12-month rule is calculated backwards as from the submission deadline for Category A applications by the EM consortia to the Agency).
- Category B scholarships can be awarded to European masters students selected by EMMC consortia as well as to any masters students selected by EMMC consortia who do not fulfil the Category A criteria defined above.
Students fulfilling the eligibility criteria for both Category A and B – e.g. students with a double nationality – must select the Category of their choice. As a result, they are entitled to apply only to one of the two categories of scholarship at a time.
- Scholarship candidates must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning according to national legislation and practices. Candidates who will only obtain their first higher education degree at the end of the academic year preceding the one concerned by the scholarship application can nevertheless apply for a scholarship and be selected by the consortium concerned, under the condition that they acquire the required degree prior to the beginning of the masters course edition concerned.
- Individuals who have already benefited from an EMMC scholarship are not eligible for a second scholarship in order to follow the same or another EMMC.
- Students benefiting from an EMMC scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing their Erasmus Mundus masters studies.
- EMMC students scholarships are awarded exclusively for a full-time enrolment in one of the course editions.